Work For Hatch
Great Place to Work
There’s A Reason Our Guides Stick Around!
Guide for Hatch River Expeditions
As Marble Canyon is located in a remote section of Northern Arizona, having your own transportation is highly recommended. The nearest town is Page, Arizona located 47 miles away. With that being said, the Hatch warehouse is located near many National Parks, so if you love the outdoors and have an adventurous spirit, this opportunity may be right for you.
Our rafting season runs April through September. We always welcome resumes, even when we are not actively hiring.
River Guide or Swamper
If we are looking to hire guides or swampers, these positions will be filled as need arises, generally before or during season. You can send your resume to us at any point though, and we will review them if we are looking to add to our team.
Experienced and knowledgeable guides must be able to:
- Navigate the river through rapids rated 1-10 (roughly equivalent to Class I-V)
- Provide guests with knowledge about the canyon
- Prioritize guest safety
- Prep and cook meals
- Rig/de-rig the rafts before/after each trip
- Motor guides must have prior experience and will drive 35 foot rafts with an outboard motor. See our FAQs page for raft specs.
- Oar powered guides will use our 18 foot rafts; guests do not paddle.
- Those interested in becoming a guide but having little or no prior experience will begin as a swamper (assistant guide).
- All river positions are seasonal employment.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for each full day on the river, 7-12 days in a row, plus rigging and de-rigging days on either end of each trip
- Work safely with required chemicals
- Must be organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Manage your time effectively
- Have a positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Pass a preseason drug test
Regardless of position, all employees working on the river must have these certifications prior to their first trip:
- Wilderness First Responder
- Food Manager (not just food handler)
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to the owner Steve Hatch at email@example.com and our office manager Katy Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your experience and certifications (with expiry dates). If we are looking to hire, Steve and/or Katy will reach out at that time.
Other Hatch Opportunities
Truck Driver - No CDL Required
Hatch River Expeditions is looking for an experienced truck driver to drive newer 1 ton diesel pickup trucks with 35’ gooseneck flatbed roller trailers hauling inflated rafts based in Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Part time, seasonal (May-September)
- No CDL required
- Drives will include 1 overnight stay with a private motel room provided by Hatch.
- Minimal loading and unloading required.
- Pay averages $0.60 per mile/$421.20 trip.
- Medical card, driving test and log book entries required.
- Pick up truck at 2pm in Flagstaff and return by 2pm to Flagstaff following day. 12 hours drive time per round trip.
If interested, please contact Steve Hatch at email@example.com.