How, on earth, can you bathe in water that is 50° Fahrenheit?! Yikers!
First, some rules:
- You must use biodegradable soap and shampoo.
- You must only use these in the Colorado River, not in any tributary rivers.
Second, some tips:
- Some camps are better for bathing than others so take advantage of camps with good wading areas and slower currents near shore.
- Bring a few wash cloths. When dipping into cold Colorado River water just isn’t an option, you can clean up with a wash cloth.
- Jump into every side stream and stand under water falls. Streams are typically warmer than the Colorado River. If there is soft sand, give yourself a light sand scrub-down. You’ll feel refreshed!
- Keeping your skin moisturized with a good, natural salve and keeping your feet healthy will go a long way in how clean and healthy you feel on any white water rafting trip.